ENVIRONMENTAL PERMITTING CONSULTANT
Environmental Permitting Consultant
|Location:||St Ives, Cambridgeshire|
|Start date:||Immediate start|
|Contact name:||Amanda Livermore|
Wiser Environment is known for expert knowledge, sound advice and strong relationships that help our clients grow and prosper with compliant and responsible operations. We employ and develop a team of highly skilled and knowledgeable consultants. Plus, we actively provide an enjoyable and productive place to work where we encourage you to tackle challenges with creativity and openness.
To support us in growing our business, we are now recruiting an Environmental Permitting Consultant. This is a great full-time opportunity to work within a company that is successful in its field. Please download our job description for further details of the role and requirements.
It is important to us that you are able to demonstrate behaviours that align closely with our vision and core values. It is no coincidence that team members who consistently demonstrate these, are able to develop their skills and knowledge quickly, provide excellent service to our clients and are great to have around. If you feel that you have consistently demonstrated our core values in your previous roles, a passion for the environment, transferable skills and knowledge then please contact us. We would love to talk to you.
Above all – if you want to work in a friendly and inclusive environment that enables you to achieve a positive work-life balance, then Wiser Environment is the place for you. Learn more about our vision and core values and how they form our guiding principles in how we want to operate our business and what we care about.
Your new role
In your role as an Environmental Permitting Consultant, you will be at the forefront of delivering excellent client service. By deeply understanding your client’s needs, you will be offering innovative solutions to their complex compliance issues.
Furthermore, you will be using your knowledge of environmental matters to strategise and negotiate with regulators and businesses to reach environmental objectives. Please download our job description for further details of the role and requirements.
- Degree in an environmental or earth sciences subject.
- 3 years minimum experience in the process industry or waste management/recycling industry and/or relevant regulatory authority and/or consultancy.
- 3 years minimum experience in producing safe operations procedures; and/or permit applications and/or contaminated land reports and/or waste planning applications.
- 3 years minimum experience in conducting legal compliance audits and other management system audit processes.
- Has driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- MSc in an environmental management or equivalent subject.
- Extended practical experience in waste, construction or manufacturing industry.
- Some regulatory experience.
- Membership of CIWM, IEMA or relevant professional body.
- Salary is competitive and will depend upon the knowledge, skills and experience which you can bring to Wiser Environment.
- Starting annual holiday entitlement of 28 days that increases with service to 36 days.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Electric Vehicle Scheme.
- Life Insurance.
- Company Sick Pay Scheme.
- NEST contributory pension scheme membership.
- Employee Support Scheme membership. This package includes support with lifestyle and mental health issues, 24/7 GP access, financial, legal advice, counselling and physiotherapy.