Who we work with
Wiser Environment provides environmental consultancy services to public and private sector organisations across a wide range of business sectors. All of our clients can expect high quality, practical and cost-effective advice and support across our full range of services. We really get to know you and your business allowing us to provide realistic solutions that meet your specific requirements.
As one of our longstanding clients, we have been working closely with Edwards Recycling since 2007. Notable successful projects include implementation of integrated management systems to an international standard, development of health and safety at their material recycling facilities and ongoing QSHE legal compliance support.
Edwards Recycling Quality and Environmental Manager: “Wiser Environment has provided a friendly and knowledgeable service that has helped to improve our legal compliance and will continue to do so in the future. We are delighted we have achieved ISO14001 and highly recommend Wiser Environment.”
Norse Environmental Waste Services (NEWS) pioneers for sustainable ways to process both commercial and residential waste. Their multi-million-pound waste recycling centres can handle up to 90,000 tonnes of dry recyclable waste a year. Currently – Wiser Environment supports NEWS with bespoke fire prevention plans, WAMITAB assessment, planning applications and more.
Norse Environmental Waste Services Contracts and Compliance Manager: “Thanks for all the invaluable work both Andy Lake and the team at Wiser have put in to get our environmental permit through considering how much had to be done. There is no doubt that we would not have been successful in this application without all your hard work and the timely and professional manner.”
For close to a decade, we have been working closely with the UK ‘s leading tyre recycler – Murfitts Industries. Throughout that period, Murfitts has gone from strength to strength. The recycler’s latest achievement sees them obtain certification for the International Standard for Environmental Management ISO14001 and Quality ISO9001.
When auditing Murfitts Industries, BSI Lead Auditor commented: “Audit undertaken on 6th/7th October 2020 by Joana Santos of Wiser Environment. This audit was highly evaluative and detailed and provides considerable confidence in the effective management of both the QMS and EMS at Murfitts Industries”
Wiser Environment first got involved with the family-run haulier, G Webb back, in early 2019. Initially, we provided them with construction quality assurance services (CQA) for their landfilling engineering projects. We have also helped them secure an ‘SR2015 No6 75kte – household, commercial and industrial waste transfer station’ environmental permit through the use of an alternative measure fire prevention plan.
G. Webb Managing Director: “Wiser Environment were engaged last year to assist with the development of our waste operation at South Witham Quarry. I have found the team at Wiser’s to be very friendly, helpful and professional. They have always offered sensible advice and solutions, and achieved excellent outcomes. I would have no hesitation in recommending Wiser Environment to companies requiring assistance with waste permitting matters.”
The key sectors we specialise in
- Recycling & Waste Management – Wiser Environment has been providing environmental consultancy services to the waste and recycling sector for many years. We have extensive knowledge of the waste industry and experience in providing good value advice and practical support to waste transfer stations, landfill sites, materials recycling facilities, energy-from-waste plants and other recycling and recovery facilities.
- Agriculture – Located in the most agriculturally productive area of the UK, Wiser Environment has a long history of bringing the farming and food production industry together with the waste sector. We work with agricultural businesses, providing advice and support around the use of waste on land and the development of composting and anaerobic digestion plants or other waste facilities.
- Facilities Management – With facilities managers often having the greatest responsibility for environmental impacts, health & safety, waste generated and energy consumed in an organisation, Wiser Environment helps facilities managers remain compliant and meet environmental commitments.
- Property Developers – Wiser Environment works with property developers planning to build residential and commercial properties on brownfield sites, and with solicitors and conveyancers, providing support during acquisition, site development and the planning process.
- SMEs – Based in Cambridgeshire, Wiser Environment works with many SMEs across the East of England. Whether SMEs are looking to meet environmental legislation, reduce their waste and energy costs or just improve practices and environmental performance, we provide good value advice and support that is tailored to individual businesses.
- Manufacturing & Industry – Wiser Environment works with both light and heavy industry to ensure that operations remain compliant, to enable businesses to reduce their environmental impact and respond to a chemical spill or other environmental incident.