Support our consultancy team as a Junior Consultant
Wiser Environment is known for expert knowledge, sound advice and strong relationships that help our clients grow and prosper with compliant and responsible operations. We employ and develop a team of highly skilled and knowledgeable consultants. Plus, we actively provide an enjoyable and productive place to work where we encourage you to tackle challenges with creativity and openness.
To support us in growing our business, we are now recruiting a Junior Consultant. This is a great full-time opportunity to work within a company that is successful in its field. Please download our job description for further details of the role and requirements.
It is important to us that you are able to demonstrate behaviours that align closely with our vision and core values. It is no coincidence that team members who consistently demonstrate these, are able to develop their skills and knowledge quickly, provide excellent service to our clients and are great to have around. If you feel that you have consistently demonstrated our core values in your previous roles, a passion for the environment, transferable skills and knowledge then please contact us. We would love to talk to you.
Above all – if you want to work in a friendly and inclusive environment that enables you to achieve a positive work-life balance, then Wiser Environment is the place for you. Learn more about our vision and core values and how they form our guiding principles in how we want to operate our business and what we care about.
Your new role
In your role as a Junior Consultant, you will be central in our efforts to provide quality service and a high standard of work to all of our clients. Day-to-day, you will provide our Resources and Energy Management team with both practical and technical support. This includes understanding and measuring the environmental impact of businesses operating in the UK. By conducting monitoring of groundwater, noise and carbon emissions, you will be helping businesses manage and maintain their compliance. Please download our job description for further details of the role and requirements.
The Resources and Energy Management department is a growing team, in a growing sector. The team is headed by Graeme Outridge. Graeme has over 15 years of experience in the industry and he will support you on your journey to a career within the environment and resource industry. Whilst your role will sit within Graeme’s team, you will also work collaboratively across all areas of Wiser Environment.
As a Junior Consultant, you will conduct environmental monitoring and Construction Quality Assurance (CQA) inspections at client sites – including site investigations, supervision and testing.
- Hold a degree level qualification in an environmental discipline.
- At least one year of relevant work experience.
- A full clean driving licence.
- Proficient user of MS Word & Excel.
- Practical experience in earthworks engineering and/or environmental monitoring.
- Familiarity with GIS mapping software
- Salary is competitive and will depend upon the knowledge, skills and experience which you can bring to Wiser Environment.
- Starting annual holiday entitlement of 28 days that increases with service to 36 days.
- Learning and development opportunities.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Electric Vehicle Scheme.
- Life Insurance.
- Company Sick Pay Scheme.
- NEST contributory pension scheme membership.
- Employee Support Scheme membership. This package includes support with lifestyle and mental health issues, 24/7 GP access, financial, legal advice, counselling and physiotherapy.