PERMITTING & PLANNING CONSULTANT
Wiser Environment is known for expert knowledge, sound advice and strong relationships that help our clients grow and prosper with compliant and responsible operations. We employ and develop a team of highly-skilled and knowledgeable consultants. Plus, we actively provide an enjoyable and productive place to work where we encourage you to tackle challenges with creativity and openness.
To support us in growing our business, we are now recruiting a Permitting and Planning Consultant. This is a great full-time opportunity to work within a company that is successful in its field. Please download our job description for further details of the role and requirements.
Above all – if you want to work in a friendly and inclusive environment that enables you to achieve a positive work-life balance, then Wiser Environment is the place for you.
- Provide expert advice to clients and achieve successful environmental permitting and planning applications.
- Maintain and improve service levels to all clients.
- Provide technical expertise on Environmental Permit and Planning applications.
- Produce high standard, high-quality documents to support application processes.
- Support, train and coach team members.
- Develop and improve client relationships.
- Develop new business.
The ideal Permitting and Planning Consultant:
- Degree in an environmental subject
- 3 years minimum experience in the process industry or waste management/recycling industry and/or relevant regulatory authority and/or consultancy.
- 3 years minimum experience in producing safe operations procedures; and/or permit applications and/or contaminated land reports and/or waste planning applications.
- 3 years minimum experience in conducting legal compliance audits and other management system audit processes.
- Has driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- MSc in environmental management or equivalent.
- Extended practical experience in the waste, construction or manufacturing industry.
- Some regulatory experience.
- Membership of CIWM, IEMA or relevant professional body.
- 28 days holidays per year including statutory holidays. Employees receive an extra day’s holiday after the completion of five and eight years.
- Membership of the NEST contributory pension scheme.
To apply, please contact Lucy – email@example.com – with your cover letter and answers to the following questions:
- What attracted you to the advertisement?
- How do the skills, experience and knowledge on your CV match the competency requirements of the job description?
- What have you been most proud of in your life?
- Are you eligible to work in the UK?