VIETNAM BASED ENVIRONMENTAL CONSULTANT
|Location:||Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam|
|Start date:||Immediate start|
|Contact name:||Amanda Livermore|
Wiser Environment is known for expert knowledge, sound advice and strong relationships that help our clients grow and prosper with compliant and responsible operations. We employ and develop a team of highly skilled and knowledgeable consultants. Plus, we actively provide an enjoyable and productive place to work where we encourage you to tackle challenges with creativity and openness.
To support us in growing our business in Vietnam, we are now recruiting an Environmental Consultant who will be based in Ho Chi Minh City. This is a great full-time opportunity to work within a company that is successful in its field. Please download our job description for further details of the role and requirements.
It is important to us that you are able to demonstrate behaviours that align closely with our vision and core values. It is no coincidence that team members who consistently demonstrate these, are able to develop their skills and knowledge quickly, provide excellent service to our clients and are great to have around. If you feel that you have consistently demonstrated our core values in your previous roles, a passion for the environment, transferable skills and knowledge then please contact us. We would love to talk to you.
Above all – if you want to work in a friendly and inclusive environment that enables you to achieve a positive work-life balance, then Wiser Environment is the place for you. Learn more about our vision and core values and how they form our guiding principles in how we want to operate our business and what we care about.
Your new role
In your role as an Environmental Consultant in Vietnam, you will be pivotal to the development of Wiser’s business in the area. Your strong technical understanding of Environmental Impact Assessments and other environmental reporting will help your clients grow and prosper. Furthermore, you will be using your knowledge of environmental matters to strategise and negotiate with regulators and businesses to reach environmental objectives. Please download our job description for further details of the role and requirements.
- Degree in environmental or earth sciences subject.
- 5 years minimum experience in process industry or waste management industry and/or relevant regulatory authority and/or consultancy.
- 5 years minimum experience in producing Environmental Impact Assessments; and/or management systems; and/or permit applications and/or contaminated land reports and/or waste planning applications.
- 3 years minimum experience in conducting legal compliance audits and other management system audit processes.
- Has driving licence and access to a vehicle.
- MSc in environmental management or equivalent
- Extended practical experience in the waste, construction or manufacturing industry
- Experience in the renewable energy sector
- Experience in delivering internationally funded projects (e.g. ADB, UN, WB).
- Regulatory experience
- Membership of IEMA or relevant professional body
- A competitive salary depending on the experience you can offer, payable monthly.
- Learning and development opportunities.