Wiser Environment is recruiting a Senior Consultant in Permitting and Safety to join our fast growing environmental consultancy.
The Senior Consultant will provide expert advice to clients around environmental permitting and planning applications as well as health & safety. The successful candidate will manage the team, workload and projects to provide a high standard of expertise and service levels to clients.
The role will include:
- Ensuring the production of high quality applications in environmental permitting and planning that meet the expectations of the regulators
- Providing competent and accurate advice on health and safety, environmental, quality, waste management and waste planning issues
- Providing expert assessment of health and safety issues on a range of operational facilities and processes, and managing support documentation, auditing and communication for clients
- Liaising with Authorities, Environment Agency, HSE and Local Authority Officers on behalf of clients and provide best advice on issues and problems arising.
- Building relationships with clients, maintaining a high quality standard with regular communication and seeking of constructive feedback
- Providing clear costed proposals to clients for projects and work which meets their needs and provides sustainability for the Wiser Environment business
- Training, developing and managing team members
He/she will have a NEBOSH/IOSH diploma and/or a degree in an environmental subject with at least five years relevant experience client, regulator or agency side.
We are looking for someone with good communication skills, industry awareness, strong management skills and a high level of expertise in environmental and health & safety legislation.
An independent environmental consultancy, we are a close knit team that works very closely with our clients that range from recycling and waste management companies to facilities managers and professional services. We value our staff and the quality service they deliver to our clients and provide a flexible and encouraging working environment.
As a Wiser Environment consultant you will be based in St Ives, Cambridgeshire and service clients across the UK.
Download the job description: Wiser Environment Senior Consultant – Permitting and Safety.
If you store or treat catalytic converters you may need to extend your WAMITAB qualifications this year…
The Environment Agency (EA) has clarified its position with regards the technical competence requirements for existing end of life vehicle dismantling, scrap metal recycling and catalytic converter recycling sites who are varying their permits to store or treat hazardous catalytic converters.
Those operators who are varying their existing permits to undertake treatment activity (for example de-canning) on catalytic converters which are hazardous will be required to hold the CIWM/WAMITAB High Risk Tier Hazardous Waste Treatment (HROC6) qualification.
Those operators who are varying their existing permits to undertake the storage of hazardous catalytic convertors will need to have a Technically Competent Manager who has either:
- Level 4 Medium Risk Operator Competence for Storage of Hazardous Waste (activity description – storage of catalytic convertors) (MROC17), or
- Level 4 Medium Risk Operator Competence for Physical Treatment (activity description – End of Life Vehicle facilities (vehicle storage, depollution and dismantling)) (MROC2).
A Technically Competent Manager already holding an appropriate WAMITAB qualification for a metal recovery site (E.g. MROC1) would need to complete additional units to successfully achieve the appropriate WAMITAB qualification for storage only.
The EA is allowing one year (from the date of Permit variation) for those operators varying their permit to achieve the correct award. This is not usually the process when varying environmental permits, however due to the unusual nature of this situation the EA has taken a pragmatic approach.
Should you require assistance in achieving the correct operator competence certificate, or updating your existing competence qualification, then please contact Wiser Training on 01480 462232 or email@example.com.
Wiser Training is searching for self-employed WAMITAB assessors to join our steadily growing team.
Assessors will work alongside our in-house team on a freelance basis. We have a nationwide coverage so WAMITAB assessors from all areas will be considered. Travelling will be required.
Interested individuals require TAQA or equipment, health & safety qualifications, waste management industry experience, Level 4 or above waste management qualification, a full clean driving licence and their own vehicle.
As part of your role, you will also be required to attend Centre and WAMITAB assessor meetings and undertake additional activities to demonstrate Continuing Professional Development.
If you are interested in joining our friendly and growing team, please contact Georgina Leach at Wiser Environment on 01480 462 232.
Find out more about our WAMITAB training services.